1. All the tournaments will be held at the Cosmo-TNGF Golf Course.
2.A fee of Rs. 400.00 for single round tournament and Rs. 500/- for two round tournament, per golfer, in respect of Indian Members and Rs.800.00 and Rs.1, 000.00 in respect of Foreign Members will be charged. In the case of members taking part only in one round in a two round tournament the fee applicable for two rounds will be charged.
3. The Tournaments including the Open Tournaments are open to:
4. Golfers with a valid Handicap Index can only take part in the tournaments.
5. Junior Members will be allowed to take part in the tournament only if their Handicap is Index 18.0 or less
6. For all individual handicap tournaments there will be Three divisions are as follows: -
7. One Rolling Trophy for the ‘Golfer of the Year’ will be awarded. The eligibility for the award is be based on all individual tournaments played in the tournament Calendar Year. The first 4 positions in each of the main tournament will be considered and points in the order of 4,3,2,1 respectively will be awarded. The golfer who accumulate maximum points will be the “Golfer of the Year” The tournament conducted concurrently with main tournaments will not be included for calculating points for award of Golfer of the Year.
8. Entries for tournament can be made in the register kept at the TNGF office or can be given over phone Nos 24359687 and 24356098 or can be sent by e-mail email@example.com Golfers should specify their handicap, home club and the preferred session of play while giving entry. Entries will close at 6 p.m.on Wednesday preceding the tournament and the draw will be put up on Thursday. Entries received after the cut of date will be placed on waiting list and adjusted against cancellation, if any. Incase the entries are more than 108, the tournament committee will consider holding the tournament in two sessions i.e., in the morning and afternoon the same day. When the tournament is held in two sessions, the Members playing in sessions other than the designated session will be given the prime slot and will have priority over others playing round. Therefore, slot booking for Saturday will be taken on Thursday when ever a tournament is scheduled for Saturday. If the entries are less than 108, then the tournament will be held at the designated session.
9. For tournament in which there is an open category, golfers will be drawn as per their handicap index on the first day, playing of Tee Nbr 10, with the lowest handicaps going first and the highest handicap going last off tee number 1 on a reverse “ U” method. On the second day draws will be based on gross score of the first day. The lowest gross scores will tee off last off the 1st tee and the highest gross will tee off first off the 10th tee. The draw will again be on the reverse U method. If there is a tie on gross scores, to determine order of play, the card that is turned in first on the previous day, will be on top of the draw. For all other tournaments, golfers can register as two ball i.e., with their preferred golfer to play in the tournament. The tournament committee will draw them along with another two golfers at random The Tee off groups, Tee Box and Tee off time will be purely on random basis.
10. All Members are to use the following Tees for tournaments.
11. Senior citizen members teeing off from white Tee will be eligible for the main tournament prizes (except in open tournaments). Alternatively subject to 5 or more entries a senior prize will be awarded if the seniors opt to play only for the senior prize. The seniors have to make the option in advance and inform the office before the start of the round failing which they will only be considered for the main prize.
12. Members will be responsible to calculate their course Handicap based on the course slope rating and Tee they are using. If any Golfer has not recorded his/her handicap Index or recorded a higher Handicap Index, he/she will be disqualified.
13. If a Golfer fails to turn-up after registering his name for a tournament, a ‘no show fee’ of Rs. 750/- will be charged (over and above the tournament fee) per tournament for the first two instances and a serious note will be taken by the committee for subsequent transgression. However golfers can cancel their entry before the draw is made i.e. by 12 noon, on the Thursday preceding the tournament. Cancellation thereafter will attract payment of penalty. In the case of two day tournament, the penalty of Rs. 750/- will be charged even the member fail to turn up on the second day unless he has intimated his intention on completion of the 1st day Tournament.
14. A Golfer will be only eligible for one prize in one tournament even if he/she is eligible for prizes in other tournament/s played concurrently.
15. In the event of a tie for the 1st place in all Open events (gross scores), there will be a hole by hole playoff, commencing from Hole Nbr 1, to determine the winner. All other ties will be determined by matching score cards based on best scores for last 18, last 9, last 6, last 3 and if the scores are still tied, the 18th hole of the last round. In matching cards for handicap events, net scores will be considered on the same basis. In the case of multiple tee start, the last nine, last six, last three, mean for the purpose of clarity, the 10th to 18th holes of TNGF Course, as played on the card.
16. Any change in the tournament schedule will be put up on the Notice Board and the Website of TNGF.
17. In all club sponsored tournaments, the sponsors will be allowed to display limited branding as permitted by the Federation.
18. The sponsors of the tournament will be given one preferred slot and they can nominate any person with valid H/C to play in that slot. The person so nominated will not be eligible for any prize.
19. All par 3 holes will be call through holes for all tournaments.
20. Players must not ride on any form of transportation during a stipulated round unless authorized by the Committee. The Committee authorizes Members 60 years and above (must have completed the 60th birthday on the day of the event) to use a cart/buggy in the tournament including open tournaments. Any other player found using/traveling in a cart/buggy during tournament will be subject to the applicable penalty (deduction of strokes/holes or points) as prescribed in Rule 32-1 a and Rule 32-1 b of the R&A’s Rules of Golf, effective 1st January, 2016. No exemptions will be provided under any circumstances, including medical. Use of unauthorized transportation must be discontinued immediately upon discovery that a breach has occurred. Otherwise the player is disqualified. This rule is applicable for players and their respective caddies. The competitor is responsible for reporting the facts regarding such a breach to the Committee before he returns his score card so that the Committee may apply the penalty. If the competitor fails to report his breach to the Committee, he is disqualified.
21. A Players score card is deemed officially returned to the Committee when he/she has physically handed over the score card to the Committees representative and/or dropped the card in the designated drop box.
22. The result of the competition is closed when the formal announcement of the result is made by the Committee via e mail or posted on the notice board.
23. Suspension of play due to dangerous situation will be governed by Note to Rule 6-8b-Page 158, of the current R&A Rule Book.
24. All Players must familiarize themselves with the provisions of Section _1: Etiquette; Behavior on the Course, Page 26-29 of the current R&A Rule Book. Repeated breach of this condition will attract the provisions of Rule 33-7.
25. All Members are requested to Co-operate and follow tournament rules and rules of the Golf. The Marshalls have been instructed to ensure the pace of the game is followed.
26. On all matters the decision of the tournament committee will be final and binding in accordance with Rules 34 – 3.
Rules For Knockout Tournaments
1. The maximum handicap allowed for Senior Cup will be 14, even if a player’s handicap changes to a higher figure during the currency of the tournament.
2. In the case of Junior Cup, if a player’s handicap becomes less than 15 he shall be eligible only for the lower handicap. The maximum handicap allowed will be 22 or actual, whichever is less.
3. For Sadhya Cup the actual handicap for a team shall be calculated based on the individual handicap of the team members on the board. The team’s handicap will be 50% of the combined handicap subject to a maximum of 18.
4. The strokes to be given will be the full difference of handicap obtaining on the day of the match, subject to conditions in (1) to (3) above.
5. All matches shall be played on the day and time specified in the draw. However, matches can be played earlier by mutual consent. The Federation will in no way responsible if matches to be played by mutual agreement did not take place.
6. If a match is not completed before the designated day and time by mutual consent one of the two will be declared winner. If both players/teams do not report, then both players/teams will be scratched.
7. If a match cannot be played on the appointed date due to unforeseen circumstances such as weather conditions, closure of course etc. the Tournament Committee will intimate a new schedule and it will be binding on all members.
8. If a match cannot be played on the specified date and time due to unforeseen circumstances both the concerned players/teams can approach the Tournament Committee together requesting extension of time to complete the match. The Tournament Committee may, at its discretion, accept such request and extend the time for completion of the match to a specific date by which date the match shall be completed. The extension of time will be given only under extraordinary circumstances. The tournament Committee however will take no responsibility in coordinating between the players/teams for the exact timing of the match and it is for the players/teams to fix the timing and finish the match before the extended date. In case the match is not completed even by the extended date both the concerned players/teams will be scratched and no further extension will be granted.
9. All matches will be over 18 holes and start from the 1st tee box. Matches can be started from by mutual consent from the 9th tee box. In case of a tied match, the result shall be decided by sudden death play-off starting from the same tee box from which the match started. The higher handicapped player/team shall be eligible for strokes during play off also.
10. Members playing tournament will have priority over all other groups. The starters and Marshalls have been instructed to ensure the same is followed.
11. The result of every match played shall be conveyed to the Tournament Committee through the TNGF Office.
12. On all matters not specifically covered in these rules and on disputes, the decision of the Tournament Committee shall be final.